Tuesday, April 1, 2008

on the move

madelyn climbed up on the couch today. (i might have helped her keep her balance and not fall backwards, but she did all the work to get up there.) it amazes me that she could get her knee up high enough to climb all the way up there.

i didn't get that on video, but i did work on getting some more of her skills on video. she can just get to me and the camera so quickly that it makes filming her on my own very difficult. i have been trying to just film for a long time and then edit it down to whatever is interesting. i am going to try and get some of her signing this weekend when matt is around to help me with the filming.

she can also pull a book down and turn the pages all by herself. she will be playing in the living room and make a bee-line for the bookshelf in her bedroom. i did manage to get some of her turning pages on video today. at the very end of the video you can see how she lifts the corner of the page to turn them. at this rate she will be reading on her own in no time! what's cute is she acts like she is reading them by tilting her head back and forth while 'talking' and laughs as she looks at the pages.




i also got some better video of her 'walking' with her lion.


lastly, i want to mention that my "handsome" grandfather went to heaven this morning. he blessed this earth with his smile for 95 years. my pa-pa always said that i was his twin and that i got my good looks from him - it was our running joke. i loved him very much and look forward to seeing him again in heaven one day. i am happy to say that madelyn was able to meet this wonderful man. i will miss his smile and hearing him greet me with, "hiya, shell." very much. he was special for many reasons. love.

4 comments:

Rob said...

I am so sorry to read of your loss. I know he IS a wonderful person, as his daughter, Peggy, is so wonderful.

His granddaughter and great-granddaughter ain't too bad either.

Love, Uncle Rob

Becky said...

Sorry to hear about your pa-pa. Sounds like a wonderful man.

Candice said...

So sorry to hear about your grandpa, I know you were all so close and spent alot of time with him when you were growing up. How blessed that Maddie was able to meet him and he was able to see what a wonderful mother you are.

Lorelai and Kinley call me Mom said...

I, too, am sorry to hear about the passing of your grandpa. How wonderful that Maddie did have a chance to meet him :)