Monday, August 4, 2008

big brother is always watching

no, madelyn isn't getting a sibling - we just have her under surveillance now. this weekend we bought a video monitor so that i can see what the little monkey is up to instead of interrupting sounds (and silence) from my office during the day. especially since she isn't in a crib any more i need to be able to see her when i am in meetings and can't get up to check on her. madelyn thinks that it is funny to see her room on the 't.v.'. she comes running in my office and giggles as she watches her room on the little video monitor. i am not really sure why she things it is so funny, but she laughs every time it is on and gives a little pout when i have it off.

she also had a lot of communication additions over the past few days. new words - fish, one (as in how old are you?), waffle, and diaper. new identifications - foot, hand, and hair. and new signs - water and eat. the signs aren't actually that new, but have been really useful because she can 'tell' me exactly what she wants instead of having me guess.

i have to finish up packing (we are headed to california tomorrow) and get all the other things done that need to be done before we leave. love.

2 comments:

Lorelai and Kinley call me Mom said...

and gives me peace of mind... which is priceless!

Lorelai and Kinley call me Mom said...

I don't know what i would have done over the past year without our video monitor. It is a total life saver! Prevents unnecessary entry to the room time and time again.