Tuesday, October 26, 2010

38-weeks

there has really been no change since last week. i am still 1-cm dilated. i gained no weight - i might have actually lost a few ounces - and my belly still measures 38-weeks. the biggest change is that he has settled onto a nerve in the left-side of my pelvis that has dramatically slowed me down. i am out and out limping at times and almost crying from the pain. unfortunately, there is nothing that can be done. at least laying down for 2-3 hours gives me some relief so i generally wake-up pain free for about an hour. my doctor and i are both thinking that this boy is going to be the largest of the three, but we will see when he finally comes...

people never cease to amaze me. i was limping across the crosswalk to the doctors' office, pushing the stroller and a car raced up and cut me off. we were the car's width from the entrance and i had to stop short to not get hit by the car! she was dropping off an old man, but she never even looked at us! i was nervous about walking in front of her car because i was moving so slowly and she still hadn't looked up - i didn't want her to hit us. and then at the elevators i told madelyn to wait for the people getting off before she got on and they let the doors close on us so that we missed the elevator! it's funny too because people almost always hold the door for me when i am by myself, and not pregnant, but it is like the sight of kids and pregnancy make people run in the opposite direction or try to ignore our existence.

we were glad that there wasn't really any change in my progress because matt has been gone since sunday and just got home about an hour ago. he took a trip and was around 6 hours away (more time than it took for me to have mason). we were both a little nervous about him being gone but i wasn't due and i didn't want him to miss something because of "maybe".

i am hoping that i will go one more week, but then i am really, really ready to have this kid! love.

2 comments:

Witenkling Mommy said...

Aw, I'm so sorry for your nerve pain and the rude people. I forget, how big were Mason and Madelyn? 13 more days!!! I can't wait to see the newest MLG (and learn what the MLG stands for this time around :)

Grandma Z. said...

It's so sad that people don't notice what's going on around them and be considerate to others. I usually get the door let go on me after I hold it for someone else. Oh well. We are so excited about seeing our newest grandchild!!!! MLG