Sunday, February 9, 2014

the face of no sleep

so bedtime met us with vomit last night. mason did not make it to bed and ended up getting settled in our bathroom for the night. thankfully, it was a fairly short-lived illness and he only got sick twice.  but he felt better so quickly that he was up and ready to go just before 5:30am. manning had also come in during the early morning (which is now his habit). all in all, i think i had about 2 hours of sleep - total. and today was our first morning to be the coaches on the 2- and 3-year-old hallway. but with one sick, matt would have to stay home. we also decided that it would be best to have everyone too young to clearly state that the were going to be sick at home as well. that just left madelyn and me to brave the elements.

so i drank up my coffee, made 4 dozen muffins (i was up at 5:30am after all and i wanted to make a good impression) and readied to leave extra early in the snow. i hate driving in the snow - at least when it is actively falling. but it was so early on a sunday, that even without the roads being plowed, there were so few cars that the drive was relatively uneventful. we just drove very, very slowly!

this was my first sunday in 'uniform' and madelyn suggested the "cute" pose with my fist under my chin.  she wanted me to use both fists under my chin but i needed one hand to hold my phone. and once we got to church i was given the tie-dye shirt to wear for volunteer month (red is for family, yellow for Jesus and together it makes orange). madelyn helped me set up all of the classrooms since matt was at home with the boys. our director had seen my facebook post about my exhaustion and met me with coffee and a scone when i got there which was so thoughtful - and appreciated.


at least the roads were a little more clear on our way home although much more slushy. hopefully, matt can join me next week.  love.

1 comment:

Witenkling Mommy said...

I still say you look awesome. Very youthful.