Sunday, May 8, 2016

happy mother's day to me

happy mother's day to me! the kids brought me some breakfast (a reheated leftover of what i made yesterday, but still sweet) as we were getting ready for church. after church they took me to get some frozen yogurt at sweet frog (bonus - it was free for moms!) and then one of my favorites for brunch.

i didn't get pictures of all the special handmade gifts i received from the kids, but let me just say that their teachers did an amazing job making a mom feel special and my kids know me really, really well. look how maddux drew me with the exact outfit i wore for mother's day! it was even an outfit i had only worn one other time.

these are the forms from madelyn, but the boys gave me some great cards too. these kids have some big love for me. i need to keep these out for when i am feeling like a mommy failure.



for dinner we went to a pizza place that serves these fantastic avocado tacos. there was only one other car in the parking lot. i guess not every mom feels the need for pizza and tacos. as a thank you for coming in, they gave me a free pizza coupon!

once a year might not be quite enough when you are living in the trenches of motherhood, but the thank yous are very appreciated. love.

1 comment:

Witenkling Mommy said...

Sounds like a simply fabulous day :)