Friday, December 25, 2015

christmas morning

it's finally here! christmas morning! i don't know if i was more organized or the kids are just more independent or the weather being so gorgeous or what, but this christmas was so much more enjoyable than any i can remember since being a kid myself. and we had the whole day to enjoy time together as a family! 

we started with stockings, which could have been all we purchased because the kids were so genuinely thrilled with their new socks, coloring books, and tsum tsums. manning even had to put his new star wars socks on as soon as he pulled them out!



we took a little break for some breakfast and then got to the main pile.


a little skype with grandma and big pop so that we could watch them open their presents from us (we opened theirs while they were here at thanksgiving).




mason was filled with the most genuine gratitude for his gifts and gave us both a hug after each one.


i love how madelyn is more excited than mason.





madelyn and mason bought each other the same gift at their schools' holiday shops.



the number one request on manning's list - lambie (from doc mcstuffins).



our big reader received his first real bible.

look familiar?



i didn't realize that it was so blurry, but i got the same gift from both bigs too.

manning contemplating if he really wanted to eat any more of his gingerbread house.

the new sled made a perfect play-doh table.
we opened presents for several hours and everyone was as excited for each other as they were for themselves. we all talked about how we plan on celebrate a little differently next year since we really don't need any more toys - there will be a lot more giving. this might have been my favorite christmas so far. merry christmas! love.

1 comment:

Witenkling Mommy said...

I love the look of joy on their faces! And, I have to tell you, I admire your stick-to-it-ness finishing up these posts. I know how I feel when I get behind. I'm guessing it doesn't 'bother' you, but for me its just looming. Feels so good when caught up. Which, at the moment, I am not. :) Yay blogging mama!