Wednesday, November 7, 2007

mommy's home

i am happy to report that the house is still standing! i even came home to an empty dishwasher! maddie doesn't appear to have changed too much while i was gone, so that is good. it was really difficult not to wake her up when i got home so that i could hold her. i didn't get to miss her very much on my trip because i was so crazy busy the whole time, but the second the plane landed my need to see her kicked into overdrive! i couldn't get home fast enough! i am really lucky that i didn't get a speeding ticket.

she looked at me this morning like i had never even left. it was just "good morning, when do we eat?" type of greeting. but she did give me a new trick today... she can get up on all fours now for a few seconds! i confirmed with her dad that it was something new and not just new to me. we think that she is really going to be crawling pretty soon. right now she just pushes when she is on her knees and plows her face into the ground. once she figures out how to get her arms into the act she will be cruising.

matt did a great job with maddie and it eases my mind about my future trips. i think he enjoyed feeding her sweet potatoes the best. it was pretty messy from the sound of it. one tablespoon got so messy that she needed to go straight into the tub so that he could get it out of her hair.

its just maddie and me tonight. matt just called to say that her won't be home before she goes to bed tonight. so typing is getting pretty challenging with the little squirmer on my lap. more tomorrow. love.

No comments: