Friday, June 12, 2009

g-maddie

it occurred to me that i need to keep posting so my loyal readers don't think that i have gone into labor. so here is some of the fun from today.

madelyn got into some jewlery of mine this morning and wanted to wear several of them at once. i thought it was pretty funny that she was wearing all this bling with her little cotton sundress. as she was playing she kept asking to remove one at a time. she would play for a while and then decide that one had to go before she could go on about her day.

for some reason madelyn called me "ma-ma" today. she would say it as two words and with various european accents. i have no idea in the slightest where this came from. and she definitely knew that she was doing something a little silly which made her call me it all day.

madelyn came up for a snuggle and i said something like "hi there, baby". she pulled back and looked at me with her head tilted as she said with a question, "baby?" to which i replied, "oh sorry! big girl." to which she smiled and threw herself into giving me a big hug. she is really embracing the idea that a new baby is coming and that she is a big girl. i love it.

tonight we took her for a tour of the hospital because i wanted her to see the rooms before i was there in a hospital gown and tagged/tubed up. she just kept asking "where is brother?" and telling us that we were going to "get brother". i think that she was a little disappointed that we left without him. she was asking "where'd brother go?" she just can't wait for him to get here! i keep telling her that i can't wait either... love.

1 comment:

Lorelai and Kinley call me Mom said...

Ok, did you write this post after (one of) my latest email? You answered all my questions! Lorelai and Madelyn continue to be so similar! in my last post, I was talking about how Lorelai is offended by the notion of being a 'baby'. And the tour... good thing you got it in... good idea shes sees it before you are in labor, or post labor, and look miserable, or at least un-mommy like. I love that Maddie was sad she didn't get to come home with her new brother. so cute!