Friday, June 26, 2009

when madelyn met mason

when madelyn first got to the room she was on the verge of tears and calling for, "mommy". it stopped shortly after she was helped up into bed with me so that she could get a close up look at "brother". she accepted his name as "mason" right away though. her first concern was to give him lots of hugs. it was so sweet how she kept hugging him and saying, "hi, mason".

in the video she loses interest in mason in favor of my breakfast - specifically my grapes, but for most of the morning she has just been interested in hugging, holding, and touching mason.



daddy helped her to hold mason after she got her fill of my grapes (read: ate every single one of them). she is really excited to be the big sister! she sits in the bed with me to watch mason sleep in the crib and wants to touch him the whole time. she really, really seems to love petting his hair. she does manage to keep the touching to his blanket while he is sleeping though.


other comments on mason:

- his cry is a lot louder than madelyn's was at birth.

- he has a pretty solid head of hair and it seems pretty similar to how madelyn's was when she was born; maybe slightly more blond than hers was though.

thank you to everyone for all the well wishes! love.

6 comments:

frizzlenizzle said...

Awww these are the cutest pictures ever! Congratulations ! !

Anonymous said...

It is so cute to see them together. He is a doll -- wish I could be there to hug him and all of you. I think he looks all boy too. Love you all - get your rest and enjoy your new bundle of joy.
Hugs and Kisses, Nana G.

Anonymous said...

Where to begin! He is beautiful! And I cannot believe how grown up Maddie looks with him! Destined to be a great big sister just like her mommy!

Love
Shannon

Lorelai and Kinley call me Mom said...

Oh, Madelyn is already off to a great start as a big sister! I love how she pets his hair. He seems pretty mellow - just hanging out with his big sis. I love the name, Mason, actually know one who will turn three tomorrow. Is Lynn a family name?

Zachritz Family said...

I notice he has the Zachritz cheeks...I think I saw dimples too?! TOO HANDSOME! I love him already!

Grandma Z. said...

This is one beautiful family! We are so proud of all of you. Mason is a handsome little guy and we can't wait to hold him. Madelyn is going to make a wonderful Big Sister like her Mommy! Love you,
Big Pop and Grandma
P.S. Michelle looks great but Matt looks like he needs some rest! (Ha Ha)