Wednesday, March 30, 2016

happy birthday to me!

ah, the weekday birthday of a mom. i did not have high hopes for today being very special since the kids had school and we had church tonight. but the day surprised me.

i got everyone off to school and then went to meet a friend at the ymca for walking and got my birthday t-shirt (they give you a shirt if you come in on your birthday). then home to shower and off to pick up the boys. i decided that we were going out for lunch. they made for great lunch dates.


shortly after we got home a friend stopped by to drop off some flowers for me - brightening my day.

matt surprised me by coming home a little early with lots of special treats! we were planning on eating a quick dinner out at one of my favorite restaurants before heading to church. (it is always closed on sundays when most special days are for me.) but matt went above and beyond coming home with the new vegan ben & jerry's, 'grown-up' root beer, balloons, gourmet cupcakes and gift cards. one gift card was for some new athletic shoes and the other, and most impressive, was for netflix. we subscribe to hulu and matt remembered that netflix is working on a gilmore girls reunion. i loved gilmore girls. and he remembered. he got the gift card so that i could watch the reunion. it might be the most loving gift he has ever given me.

and then we went to church where i worked on prepping for sunday while the kids went to their programming.

i don't think i could have planned a more special day. thank you to everyone who showered me with love. i am a lucky girl. love.

1 comment:

Witenkling Mommy said...

Awwww. How sweet of Matt. Gilmore Girls!!!! Yes!!! I didn't realize you were a fan, too. Does Matt watch it?