Tuesday, November 2, 2010

maternity leave

and i made it - maternity leave! today was officially my last day of working for a while and my coworkers made me finish every last minute. i think that i might have gotten most everything done but i think that there will be a few phone calls in my future...

this morning matt and i walked the kids down to our neighbor's house to play while we went to vote and then to my 39-week doctor appointment. our neighbor suggested letting the kids visit since they will most likely go over there when i go into labor and we haven't gotten to see them very much lately. it worked out kind of great that we could bring them over this morning.

my doctor is just so great! we were in the waiting room and her nurse was tied up with another patient so my doctor took me back and went ahead with my exam. she just didn't want me to wait. the nurse came in after the doctor was finished to do my blood pressure and weight. the nurse, dianne, told me that my doctor felt bad that i had waited so long at my last few appointments and knew that if she waited for dianne to come get me that i would have a long wait again. so why i love her!

and now for my appointment update. basically nothing changed. i am the same weight, only one centimeter dilated (in fact she said that he is even higher now - just like mason did at the end), and unfortunately, i had to make another appointment for next week. the good news is that he is healthy, i am healthy, and we just have to wait. there is no picture - i just forgot.

3 comments:

Witenkling Mommy said...

yay! you made it. I have to admit, I didn't think it was going to happen. So weird to see your ticker at 7 days and mine at 206! At least not having to work will make the next week or so that much easier. Sounds like you have a super nice doctor.

Zachritz Family said...

so happy for you Michelle! Looking forward to seeing the little guy! We are praying!

Grandma Z. said...

I know you are happy that you are now on leave and can get your mind off work for awhile and prepare for your new son (our grandson).
Can't wait to see all of you.