Tuesday, August 16, 2011

last on the list

lunch is always the most hectic time at our house because everyone (including me) is starving at the same time.  i can't get lunch on the table fast enough.  madelyn is often asking for seconds before i finish serving everyone their first round.  today i was telling a crying maddux that he was "next on my list" (he was ready for seconds while i was still prepping and serving).  madelyn repeated to maddux that he was next on mommy's list.  and then she added, "mommy, you are last on your list!" yes, i usually am.  which isn't uncommon among moms.

but i can't decide if it bothers me that it is true or that madelyn already notices...  or maybe it doesn't bother me at all.  not sure yet. love.

3 comments:

Witenkling Mommy said...

SO true. One of the girls asked me the other day why I was eating standing up. I said it was the only way I was going to be able to eat.

Anonymous said...

Yes, that is part of motherhood -- being last on the list. Nana

Grandma Z. said...

I think it's a great observation by Maddie that you are putting yourself last. Most moms do that but few children notice. We are all supposed to put others before ourselves, so good job mom!!!