Friday, September 13, 2013

feeling human

i have had a pretty good week.  it got off to a rough start (some behavior issues that were just sending me over the edge) but we got everything under control (there was a lot of praying) and i have been amazingly productive (a lot of this productivity is thank you to my new cleaning schedule).  as i was making the bed this morning it occurred to me that life was getting easier.

i was actually marveling at the fact that i was making our bed and have done so almost every day.  not just making it, but taking the time to arrange all of the decorative pillows.  here is what i realized - we are back to a schedule (albeit the schedule is a little crazy at times), i am getting more continuous sleep and the kids are getting better at not needing me every waking moment!  i am almost a normal human again!

now, i may not feel this way next week or even tomorrow, but for today and most of this week i have felt like my 'old' self.  it just gives me so much hope and a huge sense of accomplishment.  i feel like all of the hard work i have put into the kids' early childhoods is paying off and that i have finally found my stride.

of course, i also know that this means that someone is going to hit a new phase soon that i will have to adapt to or, you know, the holidays are coming...

i just had to document this high to reference during the next low.  i can do this!  love.

2 comments:

Witenkling Mommy said...

This is so ironic. I was just drafting (in my head a blog or maybe just a journal entry that I don't have time to write and do probably never will because I don't have time) about how overwhelmed I am and how people keep saying how impressed they are that I have it all together when I simply i do NOT. I could go on and on. But like I said, no time b

Anonymous said...

Yea! Bottle this new feeling! Glad you are having it :) as you said there will be a new phase, or your in-laws will come visit! Ha! It is a good feeling to have a feeling of normal. Getting into the school routine probably helps. :) Nana