Tuesday, September 3, 2013

tuesday tip - cleaning schedule

i am not a cleaner.  there i said it.  i do like things super neat and organized, but i don't like to do the maintenance cleaning (dusting, vacuuming, baseboards, etc.).  i am a great organizer (and have been told this by other people, it is not just my arrogance) and have come up with 101 ways to keep the house clean (none of which actually factored in kids) and tend to be impossible in practice - either in completion each day or getting through the cycle fast enough that the cleaning on day one isn't totally undone by the time i get back to it. instead i tend to be the sort who will stay up all night scrubbing every square inch of the house the night before someone arrives.  so when one of my friends, who is a crazy cleaner, said that she had found a cleaning schedule that was super simple and "doable" on pintrest, i was skeptical but a few weeks later asked her to send it my way anyhow.

well, i have been doing this routine for about a month now and it has made a HUGE difference in my stress levels and the overall cleanliness of our house. i do have to do a few more loads of laundry and dishes than this recommends, but we do have six people in the family.  and, i don't feel like i am doing anything extra than i already was doing most of the time.  it comes from diary of a moody housewife and i just had to share it.

the tip? everything in moderation.  i tend to live in the extremes and this is a wonderful middle ground.

do you follow a cleaning "schedule"or are you a clean as it needs it sort of person?

love.

3 comments:

Witenkling Mommy said...

I may have to try this! Maybe in a couple months. Question why would you mop before you vacuum? I used to be an all or none cleaner… Before we had kids. Then I started realizing I could do bit by bit. But the schedule would help keep me on Trackt. Especially when school starts and I'm in more of a groove. Thank you for sharing

Candice and Davidson said...

I have an app I use, motivated moms 2013. I rarely pay for apps and this one was kind of pricey, but it keeps me on track.

Candice and Davidson said...

Might have to try yours instead, motivated moms gives me a lot to do!