Saturday, September 18, 2010

three in the bed

after such an easy bedtime last night it only figures that mason and madelyn would wake up at 5:45am this morning. matt had gone in and turned on their music for them as a way to keep them happy in the room playing until the sun nightlight turned on at 7. they were having fun but getting a little too noisy so i went in to lay in one of the beds to supervise.

i think some time around 7am the music turned off and mason started to snuggle up with me. i asked madelyn to turn off the light and she snuggled up too. i was laying on my side in mason's bed with my back up against the wall. mason was laying with his head on my shoulder/neck and madelyn was laying with her head on my belly. and that is how we all slept for the next hour. i woke up with a stabbing pain in my hip but couldn't move because i was covered in sleeping children. i just laid there for about 15 minutes trying to make slight adjustments to relieve my hip but it just wasn't happening. and then i started thinking about how cute we must look and wished that i could have a picture.

thankfully mason woke up and madelyn followed shortly thereafter so that i could finally move. and so our day began. love.

1 comment:

Witenkling Mommy said...

I agree, that would have been an adorable picture. :)