Wednesday, February 2, 2011

writing email

on our drive back to ohio madelyn was writing in a notepad matt had given her (i didn't realize that she had a pen back there too...).  she told me that she had been practicing her letters and numbers and now she could write small like me.  she had asked me once how i wrote so small and i told her that it took practice and that she could do it some day too.  then she told me that she was "writing an email because that is what you always do."  it hurt a little.  i do tell her that i have to "write one more email" more than i would like.  but now thinking back, she was telling me that she was writing an email as a joy, not as a 'wait until i am done' sort of task.  mommy guilt over.  love.

2 comments:

Witenkling Mommy said...

Oh, I know that feeling - mommy guilt over one mroe email or one more quick text. Thankfully I do not have a smart phone (on purpose). I think it may be too tempting and I already feel badly if I have to email or text. I try to make sure I actually do have to send it - or that it can wait. I felt badly when Lorelai said I 'worked well at my computer' in her survey - when asked something mommy does well. I don't send work emails - like you- but do have a couple things that keep me busy.

Grandma Z. said...

Children really do understand that Mommies have things they have to do besides taking care of them.You do it all well! No worries!