Thursday, March 8, 2012

26-ish weeks

i had matt snap a quick shot just shy of 26 weeks a few days ago.  and today i had my check-up.  maddux and i were a lot early, but there was a break in the rain so i went in instead of sitting in the car.  to my surprise they took me right back and i was in and out before my scheduled appointment time!  everything looks good.  i think i have put on 6-7 lbs so far and the heart rate was good.  i did measure a little big (she didn't say how much) which surprised me because i didn't measure 'big' with any of the others (even when madelyn measured two-weeks bigger in her ultrasound and maddux was a beast).  at least i don't have a recollection of measuring "big".

i am not super worried about the size of the baby since maddux was by far the easiest delivery, but this is a fourth and a boy so size has come up a time or two.  i am mainly hoping that we don't have to deal with jaundice again (which is more likely in larger babies and boys).  i have a second glucose test in three weeks (because maddux was such a big boy).  instead of giving it to me to drink at home, i drink it in the office and then sit in the waiting room for an hour watching the weather channel and trying to keep maddux occupied (at least the other two will be in school).  the last one was fine so i am not too worried.  they will also do an ultrasound around 38 weeks to see how big he is looking; the doctor did say that it is only 30% accurate at that point so she doesn't expect it to change her course of action.  i had a 40 ultrasound with madelyn because she had measured so big at 20 weeks and it said that she was going to be at least 10 lbs., but she was only 8 lb. 13oz.  the doctor feels that since i delivered an 11lb. baby with no complications, she doesn't really see a reason to worry too much about size without there being other health concerns (i.e. diabetes, heart rate, blood pressure, etc.).

and that is the latest.  just a normal pregnancy.  i am really glad it is the last one though.  i feel done.  i do love to see people's faces when i am walking into the grocery store (or anywhere) with all the kids by myself and my big belly.  i know i would have thought to myself "that woman is crazy".  but it isn't really bad at all.  i just have to go at the right time (i.e. no one is tired and no one is hungry).  love.

3 comments:

Candice said...

I get the same crazy looks, mostly because the boys are both young. I get the "you sure have your hands full" comments a lot. I use the same strategy, go when no one is hungry or tired. 14 weeks to go! 8 and a half for me!

Witenkling Mommy said...

I get the looks with my school of ducklings, too. Even though I'm not pregnant. You look fantastic. I can't believe how quickly this pregnancy is going. Almost there!

Grandma Z. said...

You look terrific!