Friday, March 30, 2012

happy birthday to me

i was going to take everyone to the cleveland zoo but the forecast didn't look so great and i didn't want to get there only to have to leave right away.  instead we hung out at home and i read a book.  matt didn't get home until after midnight so he technically missed the whole day.  not the most exciting birthday, but it was nice to get some rest.

grandma brought these play-doh/clay flower set for the kids to make for me - the play-doh/clay was fragrant too.

my reflux was pretty bad so i made them dinner but didn't eat any myself.  grandma felt bad about not taking me out (she likes to have them sing and embarrass me) but i don't really like that sort of thing and we had eaten out almost every meal since she had arrived.

i think matt is planning on celebrating next weekend.  madelyn started crying when she realized the present she bought me with daddy wasn't wrapped and now i couldn't have it.  and mason was disappointed that i wasn't having a party.  i told them it was okay, mommy didn't want a party.  which, of course, was unimaginable to them!  love.

2 comments:

Grandma Z. said...

I agree with the kids. You have to have a party and presents. Hope Matt comes through this weekend.

Witenkling Mommy said...

Those play doh things look cool! Happy belated birthday!!!