Friday, June 3, 2011

still needs a nap

mason didn't want to settle down at nap time so i just let him stay up and play with madelyn.  i was able to get a lot done and they were both playing so nicely for about two hours.

around 3:30 mason came in to see me with bunny bear.  he was happy and bouncy.  once he climbed up into my lap he got really limp after around 2 seconds!  i was glad that my phone was sitting right there so that i could snap a quick picture.

i couldn't believe that he was able to fall asleep so quickly!  he just passed out.  madelyn came into see what happened to mason and asked if she could wake him up.  to her disappointment, i said no.  he slept through madelyn and i talking for a bit and then i carried him over to our bed so that i could get up from the desk.  he slept for another hour or so i think.

i guess he isn't as ready to occasionally skip naps as i thought.  love.

2 comments:

Witenkling Mommy said...

I love that he listens to his body. My kids would fight and fight the tiredness. No instant naps around here... as I listen to Knox delaying his...

mom2mlg said...

He doesn't fight sleep too often. If he is tired he will general just go to sleep without a lot of fuss. Today he was getting cozy on my lap and asked to go to sleep.