Monday, June 11, 2012

40 weeks

so here we are.  40 weeks and no baby - again.  i must say that i am not terribly surprised that the baby hasn't come yet since none have come before 40 weeks.

but mommy is done.  i don't remember being as uncomfortable for so long with any of the others (except maddux which has me reconsidering that this one might not be so big).  yesterday evening i got so uncomfortable standing that all i could do was lay down.  it wasn't from contractions.  the baby just got himself into a position that was excruciating. thankfully, he has moved a little and today is much better.

i think that this is going to be a really long week though since i don't really want to go out with the kids too much and we all get a little crazy without some outings.  thankfully, i stocked up on some craft projects last week anticipating a lot of home time in our future.
the kids wanted to get in on my 'belly picture' too.


my next appointment is tomorrow afternoon and they are planning on stripping my membranes (not that it started labor with any of the other kids).  mainly it should just make for an uncomfortable night of contractions.  but one can hope...  love.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

You look great Michelle. I hope you have relief soon. Not so sure about Madelyn's sense of style - ha! Maddux is really into "cheesy" pictures! :) So cute. Thanks for blogging!
Love, Nana G.

mom2mlg said...

Maddux is a ham for the camera and comes running when pictures are being taken. I love Madelyn's style. I love her confidence and hope she doesn't care as long as possible. I did try to talk her out of the tights so that she wouldn't be too hot but she insisted.

Our family said...

I still think we will have a fourth child at some point but I have to say hearing about/seeing your preggo photos does not leave me feeling envious. I might feel a little jealous when I see cute photos of your baby boy but right now I am just happy to be sleeping through the night and not pregnant. I hope the last couple days go well for you!

mom2mlg said...

I don't think I have been very positive about this pregnancy - because this isn't the first comment about a fourth and my comments. In the grand scheme of things I have had really easy pregnancies. I am probably the most anxious about this delivery. I didn't anticipate any delivery like I have this one. Maybe because it is my last or maybe because it is at a new hospital.

I am so thankful that we could have four children. Truly.

Grandma Z. said...

We are praying for you and this new little Blessing. I think it is so funny that the kids want to share in the photos. You look terrific and the kids are adorable. As you said, You are truly Blessed!

Anonymous said...

Did you ever get a tour of the hospital? I meant to ask you Sunday. We are praying for a good delivery for you and the baby.
Love Nana G.

mom2mlg said...

No tour. We talked to doctor office and know where to go - the e.r.

Witenkling Mommy said...

Ha! I don't normally read through others comments, but I could have written 'Our family's' :) I can't believe you have gone to 40+ weeks with each kiddos. They are super-cozy, even if you're not. You have done an amazing job carrying each of your four kids. Its normal to be 'done' at this point. I know I would be. Can't wait to meet the little (or big) guy :)

Our family said...

I don't think you've complained much. In general I haven't had pregnancy envy which I would have at this point in the past. At this point the discussion is tabled for 6 months although if I became more baby hungry Victor would be game, he is more ready for a 4th than I am (of course since he doesn't have to be pregnant!).

I will be praying that you have a smooth delivery, sometime in the very, very near future!