Saturday, December 5, 2009

from ballet to construction

while the early morning was spent with ballet in a dance studio, a quick wardrobe change, christmas card photo session, and we were off to home depot for the kids' workshop. daddy was really looking forward to this one because they were building a wagon.
madelyn loves the wagon and couldn't wait to take her toys for a ride in it. it is a little small for friend, but there were many other toys that got a ride.
after home depot we ran a few more errands, including ordering our christmas cards. it took about 150 pictures before i was able to get one of the kids where they both looked decent and were looking at the camera. but you will have to wait for me to get cards in the mail before i post it (and some of the rejects).
and here are just a few more recent tidbits:
- madelyn is becoming a very impassioned backseat driver. any time she sees a red light or stop sign she says, "stop the car, mom/dad. stop! stop! stop the car!" i have to explain that i can't stop until i actually get to the intersection.
- speaking of stopping, madelyn will tell me to stop what i am doing if she needs me to do something. like if we are driving in the car and she wants me to get her something and i tell her that i can't because i am driving, she will tell me to "stop driving! stop the car right now." tonight she told me to stop making dinner when i asked daddy to go and help her in the bathroom after she had been calling for me.
- leaving sams madelyn got a candy cane which she told us was a "tree lollipop". i don't know where she came up with that, but it made matt and i laugh.
- whenever she sees something that has a big and a little it is always, "mommy/daddy and madelyn"; like if there is a big snowman next to a little snowman or a little chick next to a slightly larger chick.
we had a nice family day today and are looking forward to spending time together at home tomorrow. love.

2 comments:

Witenkling Mommy said...

You just reminded me that Lorelai built a wagon this morning, too. I need to at least mention that in my post. They saw Annabelle and Ford with your parents there :)

Grandma Z. said...

I have a nice picture of John and Lorelai if I just had time to download it off my camera. These pics are great of Matt and Maddie.