Sunday, April 28, 2013

errggg!

so let's just start this off with saying that a lot of this i brought on myself...

i have been meaning to set up manning's 9-month pictures, but illnesses, naps and schedule have made it difficult.  friday night i asked matt if he would mind if i ran manning out for pictures after church and lunch on sunday.  it was fine, so i set up an appointment for 1:20pm; i scheduled online like i have been for many years (and with that i am sure you know where this is going...).

saturday night manning didn't have a great night and sunday morning we decided that he needed to stay home from church.  matt took the big kids and i stayed home with manning so that he could get some rest.  when he woke up from his nap he was very warm.  his face was even a little red with fever.  he was acting okay and since it was really too close to the appointment to cancel we decided to give him a little medicine and go for it.  (matt really wants him to get his pictures done so that i will cut his hair.  it is getting crazy long and does not sweep to the side so he isn't going to make it until his first birthday for his first haircut.)

it was raining and jcp isn't all that close to our house.  but they have always done such a good job that i don't mind the drive (a little over 20 minutes each way).  about a quarter of the way there i remembered that we had taken the stroller out of the van to fit the wagon yesterday.  oh well, i can just carry him.  i was glad i had forgotten it when i got there because the elevator was broken and i would have had to abandon it anyway to get up to the photo studio.

once we were there i had to wait about 15 minutes before anyone asked to help me (or acknowledged me).  i quickly realized that they didn't have my appointment and was kicking myself for not jotting down my confirmation number from the site (i used to but i have never needed it and stopped writing it down almost two years ago).  while i was passed off to someone else at the desk to try and find my appointment (i have been a member of jcp photo studio for almost 6 years and they had no record of me at all!).  while the lady was trying to reenter all of my information, the other girl started helping the people behind me and told them they were next!  they weren't even going to attempt to fit me in or find my reservation.

at this point i was just going to cut my losses and leave.  i told them that i wouldn't be able to wait and left.  i lost an hour and a half of my day and didn't have anything to show for it!

as i write it all down, most of it is my fault and it is a little silly that i was upset.  i know it isn't the problem of the people who were helping me locally and plan to offer some feedback at the corporate level about how it was handled.  i just thought that it was rude to skip over us without even attempting to find my appointment without telling me first.

now i just have to decide if i should reschedule and/or find a new photography place/person...  love.

2 comments:

Witenkling Mommy said...

Oh, I'm sorry you had to go through that. I could feel your face reddening as I read. At least mine would have. More from frustration than anything. And still no pictures :( Sorry I made mention of Manning's hair in one of my recent comments. I had no idea.

Machala said...

That is so frustrating! We used to be loyal JCP photo patrons, but after one of my fav photographers left and they changed their pricing (and seemed to cut savings), I switched to Portrait Innovations. I've had really good luck with them. They don't charge a sitting fee (at all), and you get all your photos within about 30 minutes. I usually limit myself to one pose (and it's super cheap), but it does get pricey if you choose more. Just thought I'd share in case there is one in your area.