Wednesday, April 17, 2013

tuesday tip - shower at the gym

so apparently, calling it "tuesday tip" is not helping me remember to post on tuesdays...

today's tip is actually one i got from a friend - shower at the gym.  my post workout showers have become the highlight of my week in many ways.  the water aerobic workouts have been fantastic as well and i am always glad that i went even though i really don't have the time.  but the shower, oh the shower.  it is the only shower where i am guaranteed not to have an interruption, the water is hot, the pressure is great and i am pretty relaxed from my time in the pool.

my friend said that her friends who shower at the gym get to shave their legs, wash their hair and be all set for their day when they go to pick their kids up from preschool.  genius.

i can tell you that it has made a big difference for me.  so if you are going to the gym and skipping the shower in favor of using your shower at home, give it another thought.  love.

3 comments:

Witenkling Mommy said...

Great tip! And I will add to it... our hot water heater broke. Yes, our family of five is without hot water right now, as its been shipped for repair. In the meantime, we've been going to the clubhouse (nothing too fancy as the name suggests) of our neighborhood for free, hot showers :)

Anonymous said...

Uninterrupted is the key here :) Funny! Nana

Machala said...

I second this tip. Though it takes a little extra time to put a bag together, it is worth it to have an uninterrupted shower that isn't before the kids wake up or after they go to bed. I'm still too lazy to shave at the Y, though. :)