Wednesday, September 26, 2012

the talker

all of the kids like to talk. and i always thought that madelyn was our 'talker', but, really, it is mason. where madelyn and maddux ask a lot of questions, mason is mainly narrative monologue (not that he doesn't ask a lot of questions too). he can definitely talk longer than i can listen. he seriously talked to me for an hour straight while i made dinner this week. it has gotten to the point where i have had to ask him to stop talking because i don't know what he is talking about! (i explained that as soon as dinner was ready he could finish telling his story because i could listen better.) he jumps back and forth between real and imaginary ("my house with the blue door") that his stories can be difficult to follow even when giving him all of my attention. but throw in reading a recipe and cooking and I very quickly lose track of his narrative.

i can only hope that he always wants to share his thoughts with us. love.

 

3 comments:

Grandma Z. said...

I can't wait to hear him talk. Looking forward to all his stories.

Witenkling Mommy said...

I think that's so sweet. Hopefully he meets a nice young woman (many years from now) who is a 'listener'

Anonymous said...

Yes, hopefully he will always want to share with you! My boys are too quiet :) Nana