Thursday, November 22, 2012

mason with markers

after breakfast, matt and i found that the boys had thrown markers over the top and behind the bookcase in the basement. some of them went over without lids per the marks on the wall above the bookcase. we also found stickers completely coving one the kids' play chairs with pieces of sticker all over the carpet too. at least there weren't many problems with getting all of the kids to help (well, manning got a pass on this one).
but the markers aren't all bad. mason has been doing some really nice drawings on his own. i thought that this one was good enough to share. he drew this fish all on his own; without having been shown how or copying anyone or any picture. and then he drew some more and wrote his name! (he forgot to write the "a" but knows its there when you ask him to spell his name.) once again, he had no help and wasn't copying from anything.
we are so proud of our little man. love.

 

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow! An artist in the making! Very good Mason! You are growing up so fast! I'd frame that top one! I regret not framing some of my kids pictures. I tried saving everything but the Florida weather and bugs got to most things I had saved in cardboard - back before I used plastic containers. Nana

mom2mlg said...

I take pictures of most of their stuff and back them up on a remote drive in addition to saving the originals. I do plan to frame some when we get to decorating. Someday.

Witenkling Mommy said...

Nice fish, and handwriting.