Tuesday, May 29, 2012

38 weeks

check up went fine today. i do not have fifth disease (they didn't say if i had it before or not, just that i didn't have it now). other than that everything is fine and we keep waiting. the doctor i saw today (mine is on vacation this week) said that their practice wouldn't let someone like me go beyond 41 weeks. she said that we might talk about scheduling an induction during the next appointment (scheduling, not doing). it still doesn't mean much to me because we have had an induction scheduled for all three and have never been induced - labor has just started on its own by the time i got to the hospital.

the picture is from sunday. i don't think that this baby is going to be as big as maddux. i need to take a front view picture because there is very little width to my belly. i don't think i am very big and today they said that i am measuring back on schedule (who knows which schedule). the doctor was surprised by how high into my ribs the baby was. i told her that they all have been and that my sternum may never be the same again. the tip sticks straight out and actually makes it painful to lay on my stomach after the baby is born (and for quite some time after). it goes down a little as time goes by, but it has never straightened back out. oh well. they are worth it. love.

4 comments:

Witenkling Mommy said...

Awesome picture! It still isn't real in my head the MGL4 is like a week or two from entering the world. Weird. Glad you don't seem to have been affected by fifths disease. That sternum issue sounds painful.

Anonymous said...

Great picture! You look good :)
Marsha

Our family said...

You look great Michelle! I think your belly seems a lot smaller this time. I am going to guess a 8 lb 1 oz baby boy!

Grandma Z. said...

This is such a great picture! You look terrific! I'm guessing 9lbs.11ozs. Can't wait to see the little guy! So glad that Fifth thing is not a problem.