Tuesday, August 13, 2013

happy birthday, big pop!

today is my dad's birthday.  i don't even think i need one hand to count the number of times my dad has done something for himself.  he is always thinking about others more than himself and it makes me glad that once a year he has to let the day be about him.  not that we do anything super special for his birthday (the card i got him three weeks ago is still sitting on my desk right here next to me instead of in his mailbox), but we called and skyped and all wished him a very happy birthday.

i love my dad and am very thankful that i got to grow up in a house where love was never questioned, my needs were always met and God's love was not only discussed but more often shown.  my dad truly lives as his hands and feet.  and i can never repay that or thank him enough.

i love you.  happy birthday.  love.

1 comment:

Grandma Z. said...

OK so we read it and now we are wiping away our tears. Dad said that we were Blessed that God gave us such a special girl to raise.
we love you.