Tuesday, August 6, 2013

tuesday tip - wear a dress

a dress can distract from the fact you haven't had a shower.  last night i had to work the mops table at our sponsor church's vbs and thanks to maddux falling asleep to the point they couldn't wake him within 15 minutes of me dropping him off, i did not get to go to the gym and shower during vbs like i had planned.  instead i threw on a dress and some mascara and hoped no one could smell me.  i relieved so many complements about being so dressed up - even by people who had seen me just an hour earlier in gym clothes and the same pony tail and fly away baby regrowth held down with a bobby-pin (for those who don't know, after having the baby you loose a lot of hair and it sticks out all over the place as it regrows to a tamable length and mine has come back even curlier than before after having maddux and manning).  i thought they were joking.  they were truly surprised when i said that i had not even had a shower.  (and, no, they were not just lying to be nice - i know these ladies pretty well - they would have called me out.)

what is your trick for looking 'fresh' when you aren't?

love.

1 comment:

Witenkling Mommy said...

My girls think I'm like a princess if I put a dress on. No matter how casual. It is a good way to instantly look dressed up.