Saturday, March 30, 2013

happy birthday to me

i was lucky to have my birthday fall on a saturday.  unfortunately, that didn't mean that i would get to sleep in because i am still nursing.  someday my mornings will be mine again...  anyway, since i was up, i made the quick oatmeal pancakes the kids have been raving about all week so that matt could try them too.  he has been leaving too early to eat with us and we have already had them twice without him.  once we were done with breakfast though, matt let me go back to sleep for a little while which was a really nice treat.

when i woke up i did a little online shopping with some of my birthday money from our parents.  it has been a long, long time since i did any shopping!  it was nice to pick out some summery dresses for when i am done nursing for good.

for lunch we went out to panera and ran a few errands (like getting seeds for our garden!).  it was such a beautiful day that we decided to go for a walk when we got home.  you could hear that there was some sporting event happening at the high school so we headed that way to check it out.  not only was there baseball, but there was lacrosse too.  and there was no admission charge!  matt had tried to take the kids to a soccer game but it was $6 a ticket, even for the kids!  this was much more our pace.  we didn't stay very long but i see some more trips up here to watch in the coming months.

i spent the rest of the afternoon reading a book and just relaxing for a change.

matt isn't really a cook so for dinner he went to pick up some pizzas - my favorite.  he even baked me a cake.

unfortunately, we did take any pictures of my on my birthday except for the one here that i snapped while me were at the baseball field.  we were waiting for the boys to come back.  they went up closer while we stayed out of foul ball danger with manning in the stroller.

all in all, a wonderful day off.  love.


1 comment:

Grandma Z. said...

I know just spending time with your family and not having to cook, made your birthday extra special! Love you.