Tuesday, March 12, 2013

tuesday tip - this too shall pass

this is my mantra on those tough days - this too shall pass. i try to enjoy every moment for what it is - good and bad. the good ones will bring happy memories and the bad ones will bring laughter (at some point). they won't need me to wipe their bottom forever, they won't always ask me to read them their favorite book (for the hundredth time), they won't always want to hear me sing to them at night, they won't always hold my hand or sit on my lap when i am busy with something else, someday they will be in school and away from me most of the day, there won't always be mountains and mountains of laundry and dishes, there won't always be bodily fluids to clean up (again and again), they won't always want to talk to me non-stop every waking moment leaving no room for my own thoughts and then someday they will move out to live their own lives. i know that there will be a day that i miss these things. but i also know that it is my job to grow them to not need me and it does not make me sad. it just helps me to remember to enjoy the time we have and not to 'busy' myself into missing it.

do you have a mantra that you say over and over on those days where you are tired and have nothing left to give to the endless task of being a parent?

love.

1 comment:

Becky said...

I remember saying that one A LOT. It's a good one.