Tuesday, December 4, 2012

tuesday tip

don't be afraid to appologize to your kids.not only has appologizing helped me feel better, i think it has helped my kids understand remorse and how to make things better by asking forgiveness from the one you hurt.  i also like to think that it models humility.  now i don't appologize just because something i did to parent them hurt their feelings (like sending them to their room for hitting).  i appologize when i did something wrong, like overreacting to a situation.  they don't know that coloring on an important paper left on the kitchen counter near their coloring books was wrong - they just saw something to color on.  i had to appologize for yelling "no!" to them when i should have taken better care of my paper and put it away.

i hope that this helps some of you with your 'parent guilt' - you can ask them to forgive you.  love.

2 comments:

Grandma Z. said...

I'm sorry and I hope you forgive me for everything! Love you.

mom2mlg said...

you are so silly, mom. and, yes.